Last week David had a tooth that had progressively gotten looser and looser. His bigger teeth have actually started to come in and started pushing on the little tooth. It pushed it into a very odd position and upon investigation, I decided that it needed to come out. I have no idea why this part of teeth brought so much joy to my mother and Granny! I hated having to pull out his tooth! I tried with a tissue and that didn't work. Finally I resorted to dental floss. I still didn't want to do it! I even told David it would hurt for a little bit but then it would feel better. I told him he could yell or scream as loud as he wanted if it hurt when pulled. I wiggled the dental floss under his tooth and braced myself. I STILL didn't want to pull! I told David to count to 3. When he got to 3 I forced myself to pull and immediately put the tissue on the blood! I felt like someone kicked me in the stomach! He cried pretty loud but no screaming or yelling! I told him not to look in the mirror and go rinse with milk. (It helps stop the bleeding you know.) After doing this a couple of times and then asking me if it was still bleeding I told him he could look. I thought he would still be upset and start crying again, but no! Being a boy he said, "I look like a Pirate!" I was relieved to know he was okay with the result! I am definitely waiting for the other tooth to fall out on it's own though!
10 years ago
1 comment:
I always make them go see their dad. Nothing brings him more joy than to yank a tooth out. :)
Post a Comment