6 days ago I left my house to go to Young Women's. I needed to do a little grocery shopping before I came home so it would be easier and faster without the kids! To my surprise and being extremely livid, I found this on my wall above my bed! (I'll give you 3 guesses who the artist is.)
I immediately blamed Gordon for not watching the kids and threatened to quit going to YW! He said that was fine and that I shouldn't be mad at him for trying to get some sleep before going into work. Hmmm. Umm, I'm still mad just not at you anymore? I was still very upset and decided that I was just gonna have to live with my new artwork! I gradually got over it the next couple of days. Then, on either Friday or Saturday morning I was reading my scriptures. I came to 2Nephi chapter 2 and was reading about opposition in all things. I get to one of the verses and I literally laugh out loud! Lehi is speaking to his son Jacob about the fall of Adam and how it was needed for us to feel misery in order to feel joy. In verse 23 it says, "And they would have no children; wherefore they would have remained in a state of innocence, having no joy, for they knew no misery... THE SCRIPTURES CLEARLY STATE THAT CHILDREN BRING MISERY! HAHA! Of course the most important lesson is to know that they bring you joy also! This is a lot harder for me to remember. I really do enjoy my kids when they are not making me miserable!
10 years ago
5 comments:
Oh dear! Good thing for paint right?!! At least it wasn't your couch or something that couldn't be fixed with paint. Did you ever find out who it was?
That's funny about your inspiration from the scriptures, and you're right! We don't really know what joy is until we are married and have children.
I feel your pain. I had just repainted christophers room and he took a pencil to the walls that i have not yet painted over again. . Love them, but man I am worn out.
If it's Crayon, you're fine! Just invest in a bottle of GOO GONE. It's saved my kids' lives on several occasions!
There has to be a story to go with the mural. Some day you need to ask the artist to tell it to you.
That is totally something that John would do. I am also in the Young Womens. Sometimes I am nervous to leave because I'm afraid of the same thing.
Post a Comment